- Steps2Serenity, a weekend retreat for people on a 12-step programme of recovery, will take place from 17-19 April in Manresa, the Jesuit Centre of Spirituality, Dollymount. Participants are asked to book in advance by contacting Manresa at (01) 8331352, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the website www.manresa.ie. Cost: €140 (Residential) or €70 (Non-residential). Concessions available. Directors: Fr. Ciary Quirke, S.J., and Sr. Avril O’Regan, RLR.
- To celebrate the year of St. Paul, Manresa will host seven evening talks on the life, letters and theology of St. Paul. These talks will examine the issues and problems which prompted these letters and will give an overview of Paul’s theology. Talks will take place from 8.00pm to 9.30pm on Wednesday evenings, 22 and 29 April; 6, 13, 20 and 27 May; and 3 June. No advance booking is required and contributions are discretionary. Speaker: Fr. Brendan Comerford, S.J.
- Brian Grogan SJ has been helping the Slí Eile team over the last six weeks to consider, discuss and digest the contents of the 6 Decrees from the 35th General Congregation. The objective was to learn more about The Society of Jesus and to see what light the decrees might throw on the meaning of collaboration between lay people and Jesuits.
- Slí Eile is holding a ‘Surfing and Turfing’ Ecumenical Retreat at the Old Rectory, Camp Village, Co. Kerry on 24th-26th April. “The intensity of surfing,” they say, “forces you to be in the moment, live in the present and let go of any cares of worries. It is also a sport that cannot be ventured alone, so it is a community experience.” Cost: €100 incl full board & accommodation (Early booking is essential). For application form please contact email@example.com Tel; 01 8943165
- Crescent College Comprehensive are celebrating 150 years of Jesuit Education in Limerick. As part of this Sesquicentenary year, Most Reverend Donal Murray Bishop of Limerick will Celebrate Mass in St. John’s Cathedral in Limerick on Sunday 26th April at 3.00pm. Fr. Provincial John Dardis S.J. will preach the homily. Everyone is welcome. The School Chaplain, Gráinne Delaney would be grateful to hear if people intend to be there. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Irish Times had a lengthy obituary for John Dunne SJ on Saturday 4 April under the headline ‘A Jesuit of learning who chose a life of love and service’. Read it online.
FR PROVINCIAL’S DIARY
Fr Dardis is visiting our brethren in the Far East. His movements are:
The Acting Provincial during Fr Dardis’s absence is Noel Barber SJ.