2008 marks the 50th anniversary of St Declan’s School, a remarkable venture begun by the Jesuits in 1958. With premises on Northumberland Road, Dublin 4, it helps children who, for personal or emotional reasons, are achieving below their potential in mainstream primary schools. For a full description of its remarkable work, see its newly launched website. Currently St Declan’s is running a summer school for its pupils, which involves games and day trips. Anniversary celebrations are planned for the autumn, including a Mass in Haddington Road Church on 27 September, which will be celebrated by the Irish Provincial, John Dardis SJ.