The newly-appointed and first-ever woman European ombudsman Emily O’Reilly will launch the Jesuit quarterly Studies, in Buswell’s hotel on Tuesday 9 July at 10.30am. The summer edition features her keynote paper entitled ‘Asylum Seekers in Our Republic: Why Have We Gone Wrong?’
Studies is an well-known and respected Irish academic journal that has been published by the Irish Jesuits since 1912. It covers religious, political, social and cultural issues facing Irish society. This edition focuses on the theme ‘Toward a New Republic’, with contributions from:
- Patrick Riordan SJ: Irish Experiments in Living
- Eoin O’Malley: Reorienting the Republic: Are We Missing the Point?
- Peadar Kirby: The New Republic:Towards an Ecological Socialism
- Tom Garvin; Republicanism and Democracy in Ireland
- Oran Doyle: The Dynamics of Constitutional Change
- Iseult Honohan: Religious Diversity and the Republic
Light refreshments will be served and those interested in attending are asked to RSVP via email by Friday 5th July to Margaret Dixon, email@example.com.