- Clongowes Wood College SJ ended a 10-year wait when they won the Leinster Schools Senior Rugby Cup for the seventh time on St Patrick’s Day, 17 March. They defeated St Michael’s College (38-20), to whom they had lost three years earlier, in the 2007 final.
- Forty young adults from Slí Eile, the Jesuit Outreach to Young Adults, will spend Holy Thursday through to Easter Sunday on retreat in Ballintubber Abbey, Co Mayo. They will spend their time walking, praying and in reflection, and they will celebrate Mass at sunrise on Easter Sunday morning.
- Padraig Swan, the ‘Forrest Gump’ of Slí Eile, will continue his series of marathon runs to raise funds for homeless, prison outreach and other Slí Eile projects, in Connemara on 11 April with a 40-mile jaunt around the hills and valleys of Leenane.
- Joe Mallin SJ recently featured on Joe Duffy’s ‘Spirit Level’ programme on RTE 1 television speaking about his father’s role in the Easter Rising. To watch a video of the interview, go to the homepage of www.jesuit.ie.
- Michael Paul Gallagher is Andy O’ Mahony’s first guest on a new series of ‘Dialogue’ on RTE Radio 1, Sat 3 April at 7pm. He talks about the transitions in his life, about writers and film directors he has known, and about his forthcoming book, Faith Maps: ten religious explorers from Newman to Joseph Ratzinger.