- Fr Gerard Clarke SJ, National Director of JRS Rwanda, sends word about an online retreat, starting 1 November, offered by Jesuit Refugee Service USA, to give viewers another way to be in solidarity with the millions of refugees and displaced persons worldwide. Follow this link: http://www.jrsusa.org/Retreat.
- Mungret graduate John Noonan has been appointed bishop of Orlando, Florida at the age of 59. As he met the people, a lady observed how Noonan treated all he met with the same dignity and courtesy, regardless of class or rank. “He’s the sort of guy who’s nice to the janitors”, she said.
- A farewell party marked the retirement of Dr Tony White, Registrar of the Milltown Institute for the last three years.Warm tributes were paid for his contribution to the life of the Institute and for his recent editing of an extensive anthology on Crescent College Limerick, to marks the schools 150th anniversary.
- Fr Finbarr Clancy SJ joined a biblical scholar and a theologian in Belfast for a Biblical Association seminar on the Marriage Feast of Cana. Finbarr was presenting patristic interpretations of the Gospel story, from the Syrian, Greek and Latin Fathers.
- The Ignatian Way introductory video and first presentation on prayer are now live at IgnatianSpirituality.com. Here’s the direct link: http://ignatianspirituality.com/what-is-ignatian-spirituality/the-ignatian-way/
- Professor John Feehan’s Anamcharadas lecture “Living Faith in the 21st century” is now available on DVD from the Jesuit Communication Centre, price €10 including p&p. Contact Geraldine @ 01 4987370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FR PROVINCIAL’S DIARY
12 November: Gardiner Street Apostolates Visitation
16-18 November: Clongowes Community and College Visitation