The Jesuits in Ireland are fully committed to providing safe spaces and ensuring safe relationships for the children and adults to whom we minister.
Links to our key documents are provided below:
- Child Safeguarding Statement
- Safeguarding Policy of Catholic Church in Ireland
- Jesuit Children Safeguarding Procedures
- Interim Complaint Framework – For complaints relating to ministry with adults
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults – In development; not yet available
The office is coordinated by the Safeguarding Manager, Ms. Saoirse Fox.
The Jesuit Safeguarding Office promotes the safe care of children involved in Jesuit activities by:
- Developing good practice in our ministry with children;
- Providing safeguarding training for members, employees and volunteers;
- Ensuring that all members in active ministry and employees and volunteers working with children have undergone Garda vetting and a safe recruitment process;
- Dealing with complaints and concerns about child protection matters, reporting to the civil authorities, and advising the Provincial on any protective measures necessary to protect children from abuse.
|Safeguarding Policy of Catholic Church in Ireland|
|Jesuit Child Safeguarding Procedures|
|Complaint procedure (not relating to children)|
|DLP||Saoirse Fox||[email protected]||01-4987333|
Police – (An Garda Siochána) Dedicated Freephone for the reporting of child sexual abuse: 1800 555 222
Túsla – Statutory child protection service
Towards Healing – independent organisation providing professional support for people who have experienced institutional, clerical or religious abuse in Ireland
Towards Peace – Spiritual support for survivors of abuse by Catholic Church personnel in Ireland
One in Four – Support service for survivors of sexual abuse